Some people believe that selling a home in winter is not a good idea. With the cold weather and the fact that most people are busy with their holiday preparations or are away on trips, selling a home during these months can really be a big challenge.
3 Advantages of Selling Your Home in Winter
However, there are also a number of advantages if you choose to list your home in the market during the cooler months. Here are some of them.
- There are fewer homes, hence less competition, in the market. This means you can get a lot of attention from potential buyers.
- Sellers can take more time to consider offers.
- This is a great time to highlight your home’s warm and family-friendly atmosphere.
Top 3 Tips to Sell Your Home in Winter
Here are some highly effective tips that can help you create maximum impact and sell your home fast this winter.
- Pay attention to the exterior. While painting the house’s exterior is out of the question, consider washing paintwork and siding with warm soapy water on a mild day. Make sure the windows are freshly washed, the eave troughs are clean and all minor repairs have been taken care of. For those occasional times when we have a few days of snow and ice, brush the snow off shrubs and tree branches, and clear all exterior pathways of snow and ice since an icy path can turn away potential buyers.
- Create an inviting entryway. Adorn the entryway with a wreath, hang a garland on the doorway, and eliminate all visible clutter.
- Give rooms a warm touch. Make sure the heat is turned on several hours before the showing and that every room is warmly lit. Highlight the rooms that will appeal most in winter (basement playrooms, indoor exercise areas, heated tool sheds) and showcase the entertaining possibilities of your home.
Selling your home in winter has its advantages and disadvantages but you can greatly improve your chances of accomplishing your objective by following these tips. It also helps if you will choose a real estate agent that puts your interests above everything else.
Let Tammie help you sell your home fast and for top dollar. Please visit her main website at http://tammiecarter.crye-leike.com or her blog at https://tammiecarter.wordpress.com/ for more valuable tips on selling or buying a home. Request A Complimentary Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) Today!
Photo courtesy of Vichaya Kiatying-Angsulee at freedigitalphotos.net